Whether it’s meat or vegetable, to ensure a perfect cut every time is a top priority. And a sharp knife is what we need in every home. Today, lots of popular and big companies do provide the service of sharpening their brands of knives. No doubt they are offering a good service, but it’s very time-consuming. Typically, this process could take weeks.
Alternatively, get a good knife sharpener and solve the problem. With so many different brands in the market, we’d not hesitate to recommend 2 models of electric belt knife sharpeners under $100 by Work Sharp for all your sharpening needs. This price range is what most people can afford and willing to invest.
Short on time? Check the reviews below:
According to the market analysis, many consumers are primarily looking for the electric sharpeners. The reason for its popularity is speed, convenience, and virtually no learning curve.
Advantages of Electric Belt Knife Sharpener
Generally, knife sharpeners are categorized into two types – electric and manual. Most of the sharpeners use ceramic, diamond, or steel grinding wheels to sharpen the blades. But the electric belt technology has its advantages over them.
Using belt grinding method reduces the heat transfer to the blade, thus it’ll not degrade the steel and at the same time delivers a smooth and sharp cutting edge. When it comes to belt grinding, the Work Sharp knife sharpener is the home-based perfect choice. It can sharpen more than just kitchen knives.
Work Sharp manufactures a few tip-top models that sell very well in the USA. Check the Top 5 Belt Driven Knife Sharpeners Review here.
Work Sharp sharpeners work similar like a belt sander. It has more control over the grinding abrasives. There are a variety of grits and belt types to choose from for different purposes. You may use the same belt sharpener to sharpen steel and ceramic blade, too.
The use of belt driven technology ensures constant speed and has great processing quality. It can sharpen different types of shapes with precision right down to a very small area.
Although beginners may need some practice to master the sharpening skills, it is still a skill worth to learn for the long-term benefits. After all, using the belt driven sharpener is not that difficult, and it is also fun to play with.
Below are the top two choices of Work Sharp Electric Belt Knife Sharpeners under $100.
1. Work Sharp WSCMB Combo Knife Sharpener
The Combo Knife Sharpener is a simple and lightweight countertop belt sharpener. The operation is straight forward, but it can make a keen edge to all of your blades, whether it is a serrated, kitchen, hunting or pocket knife.
It comes with a 25-degree angle guide for all your sharpening needs. Although it is not versatile enough to include the Japanese style knives, it is most favorable for everyone who needs to sharpen their pocket, hunting or kitchen knives.
With the presence of flexible belt technology, it creates a convex edge to achieve the best possible sharpness, which is more long lasting and durable than a V-shaped edge.
The built-in ceramic honing rod provides a good honing of the sharpened edge. It is also well featured with a 120v single speed tiny motor and also uses a 3M abrasive belt. Also, it sharpens the knives up to 100 times before a replacement is required, of course, based on the dullness of knives. Read the full review here.
The Combo Knife Sharpener is the cheapest of the two models.
- Flexible belt
- Compact and lightweight
- Cool sharpening
- Precision sharpening guides
- Single speed, single belt sharpening
- Replaceable sharpening belts
- Very simple to use
- Very fast and efficient sharpener
- No learning curve is required
- Perform a great job on very long blades such as hatchet and machete
- Best in terms of quality and extends a higher convex grind on edge
2. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
With a lot of positive reviews, everyone will be wondered why the Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener is one of the best sellers on the market. Combined with the flexible abrasive belts and the sharpening guides, it can sharpen any kind of blades in a very short amount of time. Not restricted to kitchen knives, it includes hatchets, mower blades, scissors, and shears, too.
This is the first handheld model by Work Sharp to include 3 precision angle guides for 40, 50 and 65 degrees. You have full control from coarse to ultra-fine grinding based on the included 6 flexible belts – 2 medium belts, 2 coarse belts and 2 fine belts.
What makes this model so flexible is the adjustable sharpening cassette. It can literally sharpen any knife and tool with the appropriate adjustment. The handgrip is well-built that can withstand any kind of vibration.
One single word to describe this sharpener is its versatility. It can handle even the freehand sharpening job for some odd edges. Apart from versatility, it also stays on the top choice for several work carpenters, workers and homemakers as well. Read the full review here.
In fact, it’s a most valuable tool to keep at your home to bring back the sharpness of every blade you have and be ready for dicing and slicing anytime. If you wish, you can also use it to sharpen a scissor anytime with the included scissor guide.
- Compact and lightweight
- Sharpens any blade or knife
- Perfect sharpening guides
- Supreme abrasive belts
- Works on stronger tools too
- Adjustable sharpening cassette
- Simple and lightweight to use
- Sharpens practically any knife in your home
- Flexible and sharpen a wide array of tools
- Works on all tools like hoes, hatchets, scissors, shears, mower blades, etc
- Abrasive belts are long durable and comes in several types like coarse, medium and extra-fine
Before making any buying decision, let’s consider the cost and performance. The Combo and the original Work Sharp Knife Sharpener both are selling under $100. For a one-time investment to bring back the glory of all knives and tools, it’s definitely a good bet.
Of course, the mid-range electric belt sharpeners do have some minor drawbacks compared to the Ken Onion Knife Sharpener. However, take into consideration for what it offers in such a compact sharpener, you’ll never find another one that can beat its price.
While it’s still available on Amazon, it’s never too late to check the reviews and decide for yourself.
These two Work Sharp Electric Belt Knife Sharpeners under $100 have hundreds and thousands of positive reviews respectively. What makes it so popular and sellable? Think about it. Feel free to read the reviews on Amazon.
More Reviews and Guides
- Work Sharp Combo Knife Sharpener Review – Best Budget-Friendly Model
- Work Sharp Culinary E5 Review – Best Automatic Knife Sharpener
- Work Sharp Ken Onion Knife Sharpener Review – Most Powerful Handheld Sharpener
- Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Review – Versatile, Powerful & Affordable
- Work Sharp WS3000 Wood Tool Sharpener Review – Best Sharpening System for Woodworking
- Work Sharp Replacement Belts – Different Belt Kits You Must Know
- Are Work Sharp Sharpeners The Best Kitchen Knife Sharpener?
- Looking for the Best Handheld Knife Sharpener? The Work Sharp Sharpener is Your Choice
- Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener vs Ken Onion Edition – An In-depth Comparison