When it comes to getting a knife sharpened quickly without guesswork or skill set, one of the famous brands is Chef’s Choice Knife Sharpener.
As long as you own a knife, then you definitely do need a knife sharpener. High-quality knives are bought quite sharp, but they do lose the edges at some point and will need regular sharpening to perform well.
Tough roots, animal bones, and even your cutting board are some of the things that lead to bluntness. The truth is that a dull knife is just as dangerous and it is, therefore, better to keep your knife sharpened for ease of use.
Our top-rated electric knife sharpeners will help you in any way you like. Some of the tools like Work Sharp knife sharpeners are so good that you can also use them to sharpen other kinds of blades and cutting instruments.
As a matter of fact, Chef’s Choice offers one of the best electric knife sharpeners you can find for your home use and also for commercial sharpening needs. The brand has a wide line of sharpeners that are diamond abrasive based to sharpen all kinds of knives including hunting knives, sporting knives and kitchen cutlery.
They are definitely a pass in terms of:
- Ease of use
Whatever your sharpening needs, you will find a suitable sharpener under the brand and at a price that you can afford for that matter. There is something for everyone!
Chef’s Choice Knife Sharpener Reviews
1. Chef’s Choice 15 XV Trizor Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
This Chef’s Choice knife sharpener caters to serrated and straight edges, double and even single bevels. This is thanks to its three-stage EdgeSelect system that makes sharpening, polishing, and honing blissful for all.
The flexible diamond abrasive disks ensure that in the end, you have a flawless edge on your blade. The sharpener is of premium quality and comes with a 15° edge so you get outstanding results every single time. It’ll also convert any 20° edge to 15°, making knives sharper than new.
>> Check it out <<
Also notable about this sharpener is its portable and lightweight nature. Its built is superior in quality even with its lightweight feel. It’s a sharpener that will definitely last for years, prolonging your knife’s lives.
The Trizor XV sharpener is, however, a model that requires a little getting used to and may not be that perfect choice if you are just a beginner in electric sharpening. After a few uses, you’ll love how effortless and consistent the sharpening is.
- This sharpener is suitable for all your serrated and straight-edge blades
- The Trizor Edge combines the durability and strength for flawless ultra-sharp blades
- It comes with advanced and patented spring guides that are flexible for accurate control
- The EdgeSelect system will convert 20° factory edge into a Trizor 15° edge that is high in performance
- Offers ultimate sharpness for effortless cutting once you get used to the machine
- Unfortunately, this unit is noisy as a result of the motor vibrating during the sharpening process
- It also produces metal dust hence regular cleaning will be required
- You may need to keep plastic guards maintained
- The sharpener also calls for some getting used to hence not that suitable for beginners
What makes this tool a great choice is its durability and ability to restore dull blades in minutes. It is ideal for experienced sharpeners looking for quick sharpening with good results.
Read also – Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV review.
2. Chef’s Choice 120 Diamond Hone 3-Stage Professional Knife Sharpener
Chef’s Choice 120 works on straight blades and serrated knives as well. Apart from getting razor-sharp edges for your kitchen knives, you can also achieve hair-splitting sharpness in minutes with your professional chef knives, butcher, and hunting knives.
It’s indeed the ultimate machine for all your sharpening needs. It’s a three-stage sharpening tool that uses 100% diamond abrasives to keep your edges sharp, so you enjoy cutting whatever ingredients you’re working with.
>> Check it out <<
The first stage is designed to reshape your damaged blades and prepare the dullest of knives. The second stage has a finer grit and it takes care of the sharpening. In the third stage, fine polishing is done on the blades using the flexible stropping disks featured. This is also where sharpening for serrated knives happens. The precise angle guides is designed to maximize sharpness regardless of the types of blades.
- This sharpener comes with unique polishing and stropping stage so you can enjoy hair-splitting sharpness with all your blades
- It is suitable for serrated and straight blades and is designed to sharpen more than just your kitchen knives
- It is a machine that is very easy to use; even beginners can achieve astonishing sharpness that lasts long in minutes
- It features resilient feet that hold it in place on the work surface so you need not worry about unwanted movements
- This sharpener is noisy (but bearable) during the sharpening process
- It is also quite big compared to other models, hence will take up a little more space in your kitchen
- There are possibilities of the machine leaving scratches on your knife and it is also a bit pricey
Apart from being reliable in performance, you will love the magnetic pads that help in collecting residue from the sharpening. It is among the easiest models to use even by beginners.
Read also – Chef’s Choice 120 review.
3. Chef’s Choice 130 Professional Knife-Sharpening Station
This is another very reliable model from a reputable brand. The Chef’s Choice 130 professional knife sharpening station combines manual and electric sharpening technology. This makes it a unit that can sharpen a wide range of knives including double-beveled ones and serrated edges.
You can sharpen even pocket, fishing, and hunting knives using this sharpener. It’s a three-stage sharpening tool, with the first and third being the electric sharpening stages and the second stage is the manual one.
The different conical disk features in every stage are high quality and are embedded with diamond abrasives so that you get sharp and durable results. You’ll love the fact that your edge will resist folding over even with multiple sharpening.
>> Check it out <<
It is important to note that the first stage has coarse grit hence is more aggressive, whereas the third stage has a flexible polishing disk with a finer grit. Considering that the second manual stage also has super-hardened miniature steel included, you will actually sharpen your blades with ultra-sharp microscopic serrations instead of just realigning them.
- The sharpener has three stages, making it possible for you to customize the edge for varying food preparations; you can sharpen for fibrous foods or just enough for slicing your tomatoes
- The unit combines manual and electric technology, making it one of the most unique you can find
- The machine has an elastomeric spring guide with 20° preset angles for razor-sharp blades
- It’s a versatile unit that will sharpen even serrated and double-beveled knives
- It offers foolproof and fast sharpening so your knife remains in top condition and with a sharpness that lasts
- It’s however, not very suitable for Asian 15° angle knives
- The machine does not have a pre-sharpening stage that removes notches on your blades
- It can leave scratch marks on your knives
- The sharpener is relatively expensive
The good features of this sharpener outdo the few drawbacks. It is a machine you can fully rely on.
4. Chef’s Choice AngleSelect 1520 Diamond Hone Electric Knife Sharpener
The 1520 model features an advanced spring-loaded guide that in the end ensures tight control as the knife glides in the chamber. You’ll achieve accurate sharpening without necessarily having to determine what the right angle is.
You can simply run through your knife to get excellent results something that can be hard to do with some electric sharpeners. It’s all diamond abrasives help in creating ultra-sharp edges so you have knives that you love using and which ease your work.
>> Check it out <<
This sharpener restores damaged blades and can recreate 15 and 20-degree edges on different knives.
Stage one is designed to sharpen modern American as well as Asian style knives. Stages two is for the conventional 20-degree edge angle.
There are also flexible polishing disks on stage three so you have the finest sharp finish. For your serrated knives, stage three is a perfect choice.
- This sharpener uses 100% diamond abrasives just like most of Chef’s Choice tools for precise reliable results
- You can easily use different stages to suit your sharpening needs
- It sharpens both single-sided and double-sided blades and can sharpen knives with thick blades
- The stropping and polishing features ensure that you get accurate, flawless sharpness that lasts on all your knives
- Compared to other electric sharpeners, this model is more expensive
- You may also need to get a little used to the tool to manage using effortlessly
- Users must ensure to use the correct stage for the different style of knives
The fact that it can sharpen American and Asian classes of knives makes it quite valuable in your kitchen. If you’re looking for a versatile sharpener then this model fits the bill.
Read also – Chef’s Choice 1520 AngleSelect review.
5. Chef’s Choice 320 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener
The Chef’s Choice 320 offers 100% diamond honing and comes with a lifetime warranty of never distempering. This only goes to show the kind of results you stand to enjoy when you get the unit for your kitchen.
It’s a 2-stage sharpener optimized to have hard-pressed sharp edges every time just the way you want. The best thing about this model is that it’s designed to handle all kinds of American/European style knives with a 20-degree edge.
It has an elastomeric spring guide that is inbuilt so your blade remains at the right angle for precision sharpening. It is among the most affordable units you can find under the brand.
>> Check it out <<
The sharpener offers great results without robbing your knives off their quality. You’ll have durable and long-lasting edges with this tool at hand. It’s also an easy to use machine that you can pull right out of the box and use with just a little guidance.
- This machine is compact in size, hence takes up only a small space in your kitchen
- It offers 2 stage sharpening that achieves long-lasting sharpness without degrading your knives
- The pricing is quite reasonable; it is true to say that it is an affordable sharpener
- The machine hones serrated knife edge tips something that some sharpeners fail to do
- Some users might find it a bit difficult to use. Please read the user’s guide to help you understand functioning for easy usage
This sharpener is highly efficient and considerably easy to use. You’ll manage to get your knives extremely sharp within minutes and the sharpness is maintained for a long time. It’ll be long before you need another round of sharpening.
6. Chef’s Choice 220 Hybrid Diamond Hone 2-Stage Knife Sharpener
Just like the other models under this brand, the Chef’s Choice 220 hybrid knife sharpener is designed for performance.
It is fairly priced falling under the most affordable choices from Chef’s Choice. It’s a two-stage sharpener, while the first stage is electric and the second stage is used to polish 20-degree class knives.
This sharpener employs CrissCross technology to achieve the desired results. This is done by sharpening the knives simultaneously into and out of the edge to get burr-free, super sharp edge. The wheels are 100% diamond abrasives in both stages hence offer amazing results with every sharpening.
>> Check it out <<
Stage 1 sharpens your knife electrically and stage 2, being manual, has a micron-sized diamond abrasive to fetch you a polished super sharp edge. It can sharpen both serrated and straight knives and apart from kitchen knives, you can also sharpen sport knives, pocket knives, and others.
- The 220 model uses new Crisscross technology that creates sharp edges that last
- It aligns, refreshes, and sharpens all your blades so they are perfect for mincing, dicing, slicing, and cutting
- It’s suitable for serrated and straight knives, sports and even fishing knives
- The unit is very easy to use and is super reliable in delivering good results
- The unit may overheat from time to time, which could reduce its durability
The most outstanding points for this sharpener are its versatility and ease of use. A simple sharpening process can get you long-lasting sharpness that you will love.
7. Chef’sChoice 290 AngleSelect Hybrid Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener
This hybrid sharpener offers the best value for the money to sharpen both 15-degree and 20-degree classes of knives. The Chef’s Choice Hybrid 290 provides an economic solution to restore all types of dull knives in minutes.
The 3-stage hybrid model features both electric and manual functions. While the first 2 stages electrically sharpen 15 and 20-degree classes of knives respectively, the third stage will require manual polishing. The last stage will also be used for serrated knives.
With the CrissCross technology, the simultaneous sharpening on both sides of the blade will create lots of “bite” when you cut and slide food. The 100% diamond abrasives in all 3-stages will certainly ensure razor-sharp edges.
A budget-conscious buyer will love this hybrid sharpening system as its results rival those high-end models on the market.
>> Check it out <<
This AngleSelect diamond knife sharpener handles all quality kitchen cutlery, including chef’s knives, pocket, and sports knives. It’s a versatile sharpener that does not require a deep pocket to own.
- It’s value for the money as compared to other sharpeners in the same category.
- It’s versatile, meaning it sharpens a wide range of quality cutlery. It sharpens both 15 and 20-degree straight and serrated edges in one unit.
- Hybrid technology (manual and electric stages)
- It does not require electrical power to polish the knife in stage 3. This is advantageous when you need to operate it at night while your partner is sleeping
- Diamond abrasives used in all stages deliver razor-sharp edges
- CrissCross technology creates a lot of “bite”, enjoy cutting food with a gentle touch.
- High quality and well-designed angle guides maintain consistent angle throughout the sharpening process
- Simple operation with no complicated levers, switches or buttons.
- The manual stage would require more effort to polish the knife as compared to full electrical final stage
This is one of the most economical and versatile sharpeners that will give razor-sharp edges in minutes. It’s very affordable even for the budget-conscious, first-timers to get sharp knives without breaking the bank.
8. Chef’s Choice 4643 Pronto Pro Diamond Hone Manual Knife Sharpener
This manual sharpener still manages to stand out from the rest thanks to its superior sharpening and sleek style. The Chef’s Choice 4643 is the fastest manual sharpener you can have for your 15 and 20-degree edges. It is suitable for European and American 20-degree edge knives, serrated knives, sports, and pocket knives as well as Japanese 15-degree edge knives.
It uses precise angle guides and features all diamond abrasive wheels that achieve the best results every time. This model also embraces the CrissCross sharpening technology to get the extra “bite” to ease cutting fibrous food. The simultaneous sharpening of the technology into and out of knife edges offers burr-free blades that cut effortlessly into any ingredients.
>> Check it out <<
This tool is designed to be portable and is also lightweight. You will also love how sturdy it is despite being lightweight. With these features, you can be sure it’ll remain secure on your surface as you sharpen for accurate results. It features a soft touch handle to offer you a secure, easy grip as you manually sharpen your knives.
- This sharpener uses a CrissCross sharpening method that achieves extremely sharp blades that are burr-free
- It offers arch-shaped edges that are durable and stronger so you can enjoy your knife for longer
- It features a soft handle to offer you a secure grip as you sharpen your knife
- It is a versatile machine that handles different kinds of knives including American, Japanese, and Asian style knives, pocket and sports knives
- Unfortunately, the 4643 model is not suitable for single-sided bladed since the technology used sharpens both sides
- It is not as suitable for left-handed users
With its features, this is definitely one of the best manual knife sharpeners you can choose. It’s small, portable, and easy to store.
The above sharpeners are just a few of the numerous models that Chef’s Choice has to offer to its customers. What is evident from one model to the other is that the brand gives attention to the functionality and performance of the sharpeners.
Chef’s Choice always standby their qualities so that even when you choose a cheaper unit you still get to enjoy impressive results. The wide range of units makes it possible for buyers to choose according to their kitchen needs whether commercial or at home.
To make sure that you end up with the right sharpener, it helps to know the exact types of knives and blades you have and need to sharpen. This way, you just need to check what edges the sharpener can handle and choose accordingly. A unit that sharpens and hones more than one type of edge is better and fortunately most from this brand do just that.
Also notable about these sharpeners is that they are designed very beautifully. They last longer and add a touch of beauty to your kitchen as long as you find the right spot for them. They are all easy to use and maintain.
You May Also Like
- Chef’s Choice 2-Stage Knife Sharpeners Under $50
- Chef’s Choice Hybrid 250 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener Review
- Chef’s Choice 320 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener Review
- Chef’s Choice 1520 AngleSelect Diamond Hone Electric Knife Sharpener Review – Best for 15 and 20-degree Angles
- Chef’s Choice 1520 vs Trizor XV EdgeSelect – An In-depth Comparison
- Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV Review – Best Seller, Made in USA
- Chef’s Choice 120 Professional Knife Sharpener Review
- How to Use an Electric Knife Sharpener – Chef’s Choice 320 & 120 Demonstration Videos
- The Best 15 Degree Knife Sharpener – It’s Chef’s Choice Trizor XV Again
- The Reasons Why America’s Test Kitchen Chose Chef’s Choice 15 Trizor XV as The Best Knife Sharpener